PART V - GENERAL INSURANCE
21 Assignment of ranking
(1) The Board shall in respect of every crop year assign a ranking to every insured.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4) and section 41, the ranking shall be calculated according to the formula set out in the First Schedule and the result reduced to the next lower multiple of 0.1.
(3) Where the records of the Board are insufficient to enable it to calculate the ranking of a planter or a metayer in accordance with subsection (2), the Board shall assign the ranking on such information as it has available.
(4) Where the ranking of an insured is less than 5, or exceeds 15, in any crop year, his ranking -
(a) shall be deemed to be 5 or 15, as the case may be, for the purposes of determining the premium percentage, the first loss percentage and the value percentage set out in the second,
third and fourth columns of the Second Schedule respectively;
(b) shall, for the following crop year, be calculated by reference to the ranking referred to in paragraph (a).
(5) Where the Board is satisfied that the cane plantations of planters or metayers within the same geographical location have been regrouped into a larger growing unit, the Board may assign a ranking which will be 125 per cent of the weighted average ranking of all planters or metayers within the larger growing unit immediately before the regrouping.
Notwithstanding section 21(4) of the principal Act, any insured having a ranking below 5 in respect of crop year starting 1 June 2006 and ending 31
May 2007 shall be assigned a ranking of 5.
[Amended 7/07; 1/12]
22 Insurable sugar of planters or metayers
(1)(a) Subject to subsections (2) and (3) and section 27, the insurable sugar of any planter or metayer in respect of a cane plantation shall be determined by the Board and shall be the percentage, described in section 2 in paragraph (a) of the definition of “sugar accruing” or “sugar accrued” of the product of the weighted average sugar yield per hectare for the normal years on that cane plantation and the number of hectares to be harvested. (Amended by Act 17/00 - For definition see page 4*)
(b) For the purpose of determining, in the case of changes in the acreage of a plantation, the insurable sugar per hectare of a planter in any year –
(i) any additional acreage taken over and harvested in that year shall be deemed to have formed part of that plantation
during the preceding 8 crop years (Act 7/07).
(ii) any acreage by which a plantation has been reduced shall be deemed not to have formed part of that plantation during